Vital Oxide is a powerful, hospital grade and EPA registered disinfectant cleaner; it has both anti-viral and anti-microbial properties which make it highly effective. Vital Oxide eliminates mold and odors, and is safe for use around areas where food will be handled, as it is certified by NSF International. This disinfectant, while powerful enough to be used to sanitize hospitals, can be used in many other places, including: your home, nursing homes, boats, schools/day care, locker rooms/sports facilities, or restaurants.
What makes Vital Oxide such a potent and effective disinfectant cleaner?
It has been tested in a certified, independent laboratory under GLP conditions, to determine what microorganisms it can eliminate. Unlike many traditional cleaners that you can buy in your local grocery store, Vital Oxide has a laundry list of organisms that it can take care of, such as MRSA, E. coli, Listeria monocytogenes, H1N1, Hepatitis B/C, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enterica, Staphylococcus aureus, and more. It can also target yeast, spores, mildew, and mold. Vital Oxide can remove 99.9% of microbes off of a counter in just 30 seconds — pretty impressive! Its active ingredients allow it to be effective over a wide pH range and at low concentrations. Vital Oxide, when stored, retains its potency for up to a year, by alternating between stabilized and free chlorine dioxide. Another aspect of Vital Oxide that gives it such great disinfecting properties is the fact that it has smaller particles than standard cleaners, which allows it to easily spread through different types of surfaces, and even throughout the air to eliminate microbes which are airborne.
Chlorine Dioxide (.200%), Alkyl (60% C14, 30% C16, 5% C12, 5% C10) dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride. Other ingredients make up 99.55 percent of Vital Oxide.
One that that you will love about Vital Oxide is its lack of odor and toxic ingredients. Chlorine dioxide, Vital Oxide’s main ingredient, does not contain that strong, fumigating odor of bleach products, nor does it contain carcinogens. You don’t have to worry about Vital Oxide burning or irritating your skin; you could actually wash your hands in it, because the formula is so mild. This makes Vital Oxide a much better choice for the environment, as well as your home or workplace. It is safe to use on any type of surface, including counter tops, stoves, appliances, sinks, and even on baby items to disinfect them. It is gentle enough that you do not have to worry about your children or pets being around it, or eating food from a surface which it has cleaned.
What is the best way to use Vital Oxide?
According to the back of the bottle, you should first pre-clean, by removing any large areas of filth or anything that is heavily soiled. You can spray Vital Oxide directly onto soiled areas, and then wipe them clean with either a cloth or a paper towel. If you are cleaning a floor, it is suggested that you add one cup of Vital Oxide per one gallon of water. After you have pre-cleaned your surface, you can then apply Vital Oxide directly to the surface or the item, and let it sit for at least five minutes. Vital Oxide can be effective even against stagnant odors such as tobacco or must; to eliminate odors, you should spray Vital Oxide on and then let it air dry. If you are sanitizing a food contact surface, you should mix one part Vital Oxide to nine parts of tap water.
I was lucky enough to receive one 32 oz. Vital Oxide bottle for the purpose of this review. I was excited to review this particular disinfectant for two reasons — first, the more eco-friendly and non-odorous formula, and second, the potency! I rarely find a product that can sanitize really well while also not irritating my sensitive skin, or eyes. I also don’t like breathing in the odors from bleach or ammonia, as they give me a fast headache. We were actually running low on any sort of cleaner, so this came at the perfect time. So far, I have used Vital Oxide on just about everything…from the shower, to the sink, to our kitchen counters, to the carpet. It really leaves everything spotless, and I did not see any difference as I moved between different surfaces or even between different stains/spills. They were not lying when they said that it does not have a strong odor.. it did not bother me at all while I was cleaning with it, which is a huge plus. I also didn’t have to worry about it getting on my clothes and leaving bleach spots (something you have to deal with when you are short and trying to clean things that you can barely reach!), or about it hurting my skin. It was very gentle to use, and I felt safe preparing food on my counter and taking a shower after using it. Our landlord lets us use her carpet steamer; having a dog makes deep cleaning the carpets in our apartment necessary every few months. I didn’t realize, at first, that Vital Oxide would be something I could use on carpets as well. It saved us from having to buy carpet cleaner from the store one night when we started to steam the carpets! It leaves our rooms smelling fresh and clean. I love using this cleaner for the carpets, because our dog suffers from many allergies, and I feel like Vital Oxide wipes out anything that might be even more agitating to her. All-in-all, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this cleaner. I think it would a great investment to anyone working at a school, or who wants to bring a disinfectant to their office.